Skip to main content

FEMM2017#OSOTEKU REBECCA ARTICLE

 Gender based violence is one of the largest and most widespread issues in globe public health today.How can we help continue to reduce violence against woman and girls in the developing world?Yes!Excel modeling agency is at it.their mission is to empower the girl child and stop sexual  violence.and to train up coming models.I  ask myself why do i want to be the face of Excel modeling 2017?and if i win the contest,how will i promote the mission and vision of the agency?My answer as a girl child is to reach out to many girls like me,as my heart encouraged to start something and be confident of what is in them when they see their peers stand out in every aspect. I tell myself this is an opportunity for me..with the aid of a campaign to remind and enlighten these girls that asides the challenges faced as females,they can still rise to the more they are been called to.Therefore,if i will this contest,i will ensure i use the position as an ambassador of Excel model to promote the mission of the agency by;                    providing women with access to legal representation and opportunities to pursue justice against prepatrators of violence through the formal legal system.It will help  me promote gender equality in school and wide access to education for girl:it has been proved time to time again that girls enrolled in school are less likely to be married early and become pregnant: It will help me end forced early marriages and pre-matured pregnancy that lead or cause death of girls between 15 to 19years of age.it will help me bring greater attention to violence that is perpetrated by a partner or spouse.Stella Mukasa(Director of gender violence and rights at ICRW)once told a story of a woman who was forced by her husband to breast feed his dog's litterWhen she sought help from the community,her claim was ignored because abuse from a spouse was not considered to be a violation of a woman's rights.This also will help me revise marriage laws that are institutionally biased against women/girls particularly those that deny woman custody over their children,inheritance and so on.
 Reaching out to many girls like me,as me heart is encouraged to start something and be confide of what is in them when they see their peers stand out in every aspect.With the aid of a campaign to remind and enlighten these girls that asides the challenges faced as females,they can still rise to the more they have been called to.        Therefore,i will connect girls together,provide a platform with my position,i will help them hear and share each others stories as this can probably lighten and create an atmosphere to work and be more with other that have gone through the same situation.This is how i will promote the mission and vision of Excel Modeling Agency.  Thank you.

Comments